Taser torture time

If you are ever at the end of the inn, you will have an unforgettable experience. You probably won't even notice the two electric probes traveling at 100 miles per hour, but will definitely notice the 50,000-volt current that immediately overrides the central nervous system.

And he will always remember pain and embarrassment, because electrical impulses cause involuntary muscle contractions when paralyzed to the ground, possibly losing the bladder and bowel.

As part of the extraordinary training, police who experienced a 1.5-second kick said: "Anyone who has experienced this will remember forever."

That's a 1.5-second gap. The usual tasting time is 5 seconds unless the trigger is held down. Then it lasts until the battery runs out.

A Michigan County sheriff called, "The longest five seconds of my life. It's an extreme pain, no question."

A firearms consultant described it as: "The deepest pain I have ever felt. You fully comply with the rules because they do not want this pain again."

Around 250,000 rattled weapons are used as "non-lethal" weapons by law enforcement agencies in the United States, Canada and 70 other countries. In most cases, they are used for pain-related compliance – an accurate description of torture.

In fact, after a number of recent North American deaths, a UN commission has stated that electrical drug weapons are a form of torture that can kill. A panel of 10 experts continued: "These weapons cause severe pain, a form of torture and, in some cases, can cause death."

According to Amnesty International, more than 300 deaths worldwide are attributed to indiscriminate tasting. They called for the use of the tasting to be suspended and for a full investigation.

Because our new Attorney General Michael Mukasey cannot define water sports as torture, and since our chief torturer claims not to torture while conducting "enhanced interrogation" in secret prisons around the world, the deadly use of cardinals is should be rejected as a consequence.

According to the tasting company, their "non-lethal" weapon will save lives as an effective alternative to real weapons. Obviously true. No reason. Over and over again, the tazers provided life-saving protection. But their use has changed. Tazers can cause torture and kill you. In fact, they become the perfect proper weapons for the fascist police states in which we are rapidly becoming.

Take into account the recent death of Robert Dziekanski (40), a recently English-speaking speaker at Vancouver Airport, who spent ten hours at the airport without assistance. He tossed a chair, tried to break things, and calmed down when security arrived. The Vancouver police spoke to him for exactly 24 seconds, then he accumulated, campfires flew and set him to death. Full video footage of the incident shows her confused on the ground and screaming for a long time before she died.

In another recent case, a 54-year-old man was hit by a car in the Ozark, Alabama. The local police condemned her for not responding to the command to leave the vehicle – which she could not do because of her health. She had a diabetic attack. He had no criminal records and the tests did not show alcohol in his system. During his assignment he was accused of directing.

Jared Massey was taken over by Utah Highway patrolman John Gardner on September 14 for alleged speeding. When Massey refused to sign the speeding pass, Gardner's trooper slid past his pregnant wife, who stepped out of their car, screaming at her husband's sight as he was on the ground on his back. Massey plans to sue the Utah Highway Patrol.

The 23-year-old Mostafa Tabatabainejad student was repeatedly graded by UCLA police while in the Powell Library Computer Lab. Is it his sin? He refused to show his ID. Police know that it is at least a minute before we are able to stand up to a rogue shooting, but according to a video and eyewitnesses, police claim they have been forced to their feet because they have been repeatedly and repeatedly stunned.

Tabatabainejad screams, cries, begs and asks him to stop while the shock continues, causing 50,000 volts of paralysis due to the misery of the police.

Amnesty International reports that the tasting is used almost uncontrollably. Taste-related deaths are on the rise. Tasting-related tortures are daily – and obviously no one is immune.

Non-cooperative children, such as pregnant women, people with disabilities, people with mental illness, people with disabilities and helpless suspects, can be imagined.

Orange County police evaluated an 18-year-old Orlando man who was hospitalized for refusing to give a urine sample.

Police in Washougal, Washington, tried to make a reference to Russian immigrant Olga Rybak because her dog had bitten another officer the day before. Rybak, who spoke little English, requested a translator. Instead, they presented a taste and shocked 12 young people twice in 91 seconds, who were threatened by the taste as they tried to help their mother.

The boys are still receiving psychiatric treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder. The officer concerned was a tasting officer in the police department.

I could list similar events there, which are really horrible. Most events concern unarmed or already restricted persons. These are often used strictly as a means of compliance. Means of torture.

Take into account the fact that US military units are using scenes – including the 800 Military Police Brigade, which is responsible for torturing Iraq's famous Abu Ghraib prison.

What is to be done with an out-of-control police force ready to torture anyone for any reason or no reason? Well, you can try to fight the fire. For about $ 300 you can buy your own personal tasting in a variety of colors.

Taser has sold more than 120,000 consumer versions of its torture equipment since 1994. You also have 50,000 volts in your pocket – unless you live in DC, HI, MA, MI, RI, NY, NJ or WI, where they are still illegal. CT and IL allow civil use, subject to restrictions.

Just think! When law enforcement thinks, you can simply empty your own tasting, and … no, not a good idea. He may be killed. Or take them for a longer vacation to the Gitmo Hotel. It's best to try to protect yourself from the wicked.

As long as torture is legal in this country, there is little you can do to protect yourself – except for keeping it low and getting involved with the rest of Sheeple. Until we decide to return this country – what's left – no matter what the cost.

In the meantime, our benevolent government has developed a new high-tech weapon that is even more effective than tasting. This is a hot-wave, known as ADS (Active Denial System) microwave gun, which uses high-power radio waves to vibrate the target molecules violently and cause an unbearable burning sensation.

As the blood begins to boil, you will experience the true meaning of pain and torture.

The ADS should be used to disperse angry masses or violent rebels – approx. 2500 feet away. Of course it will be used in Iraq. If and when it is used as mass control over our own citizens, speculation remains open.

The few things in which this country is still excellent are creating tools of pain and destruction.

Using Taser is almost out of control. Note the daily reported events for future reference. Remember that true freedom of speech no longer exists – and check the incentive to comment accordingly. Remember that torture is legal – and the new law enforcement motto is Comply or Die. Or at least suffer a moment of electrical damage.

Your choice? Accept the status quo. Leave the place and search for a better place. Changing the status quo – the hardest choice.

Good luck.

Long Island Railroad Attractions: Riverhead and Greenport

Riverhead Railroad Museum:

Although Riverhead is considered the virtual end of Long Island, it was only the beginning of the originally planned intermodal rail-sea connection through the northern fork to a possible cross-ferry service.

The earliest settlement name of Riverhead or River Head, which is the ninth part of the ten cities in Suffolk County, was eventually created on March 13 at the west end of Southold. , 1792.

Thus, individually and independently, it gained growth with the arrival of the railroad, and the station, which was built on July 29, 1850, serving the Brooklyn South Ferry to the Greenport line, was built on today's Railroad Avenue. In spite of its overall purpose, he directed his own departing passenger on stage buses to Quogue and other southern islands.

Eastbound trains served the city Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, and back west to Brooklyn on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Trade, milling, and manufacturing-dominated trading companies fed 1875 people in 1875. The community boasts two mills, offices, 20 shops, three hotels and six temples.

The original train station, which was converted into a home by railroad workers, was designed by Charles Hallett between 1869 and 1870, with carved decorations and intricate designs, west of Griffing Avenue. This was later a third, this time in brick construction, on June 2, 1910.

"In the early 1900s, eastern flourishing potato farms were a place of profound snowfall in summer and winter," wrote Ron Ziel and George H. Foster in "The Steel Plate Towards the Sunrise: The Long Island Railroad" (Ameron House, 1965, p. 158). .).

"From the moment he realized that the original cause of his existence had disappeared with the construction of the New Haven Railroad in Boston (fifty years earlier), the LIRR played a major role in the development of areas to the east," he continued (p. 158). Business and non-governmental organizations throughout the island have joined with famous citizens, newspapers and railways to promote the travel and settlements of the Long Island. "

However, this development was hardly fast, and when the rails were later replaced by roads, the Long Island Railroad's redesigned intermodal transportation destination disappeared, leaving most of its passengers to commute to Manhattan on a mass morning departure.

In fact, by 1963, the trunk route east of Riverhead was reduced to a single daily passenger service and a three-week freight service, originally by a rail-sea link in the mid-19th century.

Today's high-profile concrete platform, which does not have a single shoe press on certain days and at certain times of the year, was built between 1996 and 1997, but it is preserved by rail lovers at the Long Island Railroad Museum.

"The history of Long Island is traced back to steel rails that cross diverse landscapes – from the dark tunnels of New York to the farms and sand dunes of the East End," the website said. "The Long Island Railroad Museum strives to illustrate this story through interpretive exhibitions from the photo and archive archive, and through the preservation and restoration of vintage railroad equipment at its two locations, Riverhead and Greenport, New York."

The former consists of 70 meters of land now owned by the Metropolitan Transport Authority but leased to the museum, once a pump house, a water tower and a turntable that was no longer compatible with the larger, more II. huge locomotives during World War II. Today, the cornerstone of the complex is a building dating from 1885, used by Corwin and Vail Lumber Yard, and currently serves as the museum's visitor center with a Lionel railroad layout that copies Long Island rail trainers, cardboard and balsa wood. Riverhead warehouse and a gift shop on the occasion of the 20th century anniversary.

Opposite it is the Lionel Visitor Center, which features a multi-track layout with Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey circus displays, a water tower that identifies the city as Lionelville, and 72-button activated access control lights for wind turbine turns.

Outside there are two other rail lines: the G-sized Freeman railroad and the complex, circular and riding World Trade Show train from 1964-1965.

The 16-diameter train, built by the Alan Herschel Company, was an integral part of the contract and was used by the Long Island Railway Pavilion and used by Grumman Aerospace at the Calverton picnic before being used by the Patchogue Village and finally donated to the museum.

With a refurbished engine, three cars, and a trade show ad and "Ride the Log Island. Ride effortlessly, the steel all the way to the Fair Gateway," runs at 670 feet, usually starting every half hour and making three circuits. Tours are part of the entrance.

The adjacent crossing shield, originally located in Innwood, Queens, and weather-protected guards facilitated manual lowering and lifting of gates as trains passed to obstruct pedestrians and vehicles. Riverhead returned to the automatic system in the early 1950s.

The Long Island Railroad Museum, with its steam locomotives, diesel locomotives and cars and trucks, is diverse and historically significant. While some are outside the gift shop, most are across the Griffing Avenue, parallel to the currently active LIRRs and across from the current Riverhead station.

Players of the 1955 Steam Ceremony are here at the exhibition, though in varying stages of restoration.

Time, distance and technology separated the steam locomotives from the passenger car more than half a century ago, but the museum united them and now they are only a few yards apart, though static but in a restorative state.

Like the Pennsylvania Railroad's G-5 class "10-wheel" engine, the No. 39 engine, for example, was built in 1923 in Juniata's stores, but with its robust capabilities and features specifically designed for the daily demanding commuters. service: 237,000 pounds gross weight, 2,178 HP cylinder capacity, 205 psi boiler pressure, 41,328 pound towing power and 70 to 85 mph.

Serving primarily on the Oyster Bay branch, it was the last steam engine to travel to Greenport in June 1955.

The railcar left the era by releasing a 1556 RS-3 diesel locomotive gun during the delivery of Hicksville steam. This engine, a 1,600 hp AGP-16msc class multi-speed engine manufactured by the American Locomotive Company, served the Long Island Railroad for 22 years, and then the Gettysburg and Maryland Midland Railroad purchased and eventually acquired by the museum.

Interesting, but not necessarily related to Long Island history, the recently purchased Brooklyn Eastern District Terminal Railroad (BEDT) locomotive, with a 0-6-0 wheel configuration. Built by H.K. Porter in 1923 for Astoria Energy and Lighting Company, it was owned by several, including Fleischman's Yeast Company in Peekskill, New York; the Alabama Railway and Locomotive Company; and finally, from 1938, the Brooklyn East Terminal District Railway, which numbered it to 16, provided car floating service from Brooklyn's waterfront to several Class 1 railroads in Manhattan, the Bronx, and New Jersey.

Since the last steam engine was powered both east of the Mississippi River and in New York City, in October 1963, or eight years after the Long Island Railroad stopped using the technology for its own use, it did not retire.

Cars are also well represented in the museum.

For example, the 200-story coach, sporting the Tuscan red paint system, was the first such aluminum two-story car. Built in 1932, the Pennsylvania Railroad and Aluminum Company of America (ALCOA), a 120-passenger pilot prototype joint project, was an attempt to increase capacity without creating excessively long trains and, due to its non-standard status, had no control racks or traction motors. 132 pieces were assigned to the T-62 class designated for production.

A later, ubiquitous, passenger car was the P72, two of which were featured on the Long Island Railroad's former Scandinavian blue and platinum fog program. Numbered 2,923 and 2,924, in 1954, refer to 25 locomotive, 120-passenger commuter vehicles manufactured by Pullman Standard at the Osgood Bradley plant in Worcester, Massachusetts, originally with battery lighting and steam heating, and later powered by automotive diesel generator sets. After 44 years of youth service, they did not retire until 1999.

The significance of the museum pair was that they both attended the Hicksville Steam Ceremony on October 8, 1955: the 2924 was driven by the 39th engine and a Boy Scout crew stopped in Brooklyn, while the 2923 The car was similarly powered by the 35, but came from the East End.

Disengaged, the former was reintroduced to the 1556 diesel, heading for Jamaica, the latter joining forces in 1555, and heading for the Riverhead. Practically armed, the now-car-free locomotives rode into the steam age sunset and logged into the retirement home of Morris Park.

Another significant car pair are the two M1s in the museum, which are shown in the same lane.

These 85 feet long, 10.6 meters wide and 122 passenger capacity lightweight, multi-unit commuter made of stainless steel with rounded fiberglass end caps had four 160 hp General Electric 1255 A2 traction motors. and automatic, quarter-point sliding doors. They had a four-foot, 8.5-inch track, and offered a maximum of 240 feet of radius of curvature for coupled units, serving as a threshold for the Long Island Railroad electric era, as described in the Publications Book, "New Generation in Rail Travel : Meet the Big City, which promised "a new era for commuters on the Long Island Railroad."

"The smooth, stainless steel Metropolitan represents a new generation of suburban rail services," he said. "It represents a whole new look on Long Island Rail Road, the country's largest commuter rail system."

Explaining the motive behind the design, he said: "The (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) stated that it was" much the same "to meet the (needs and) requirements of the Long Island Rail Road equipment (there was no option).

"The MTA has turned to an outstanding team of experts to develop detailed specifications for the car, resulting in the Metropolitan.

"This joint operation was managed by the MTA and its own technical staff, working closely with experienced Long Island Rail Road operational staff. This effort produced in record time the requirements of a drastically changed, newly designed railroad car. It would be at the forefront of the nation's commuters. . "

Budd took charge of the 620 M1 metro policy and 150 options, which was then the largest single order in North America for electric multi-unit cars. The shipments took place between 1968 and 1973.

If it becomes necessary to increase the power supply from 650 to 750 V, driven by a contact shoe-to-third rail connection, the model came in an eight-car configuration from December 30, 1968, from Brooklyn to Penn Station, blurring the lines between commuter rail and engine. wagon supplement and autonomous subway concept.

"Metropolitan trains are arranged in two car units, fully equipped for independent operations …", explained the public relations publication. "Each unit has a car with batteries and an alternating current for the engine. The other has an air compressor. Metropolitan is the first multi-unit commuter train in operation."

The brochure also highlighted its progress.

"America's fastest, state-of-the-art commuter vehicle is packed with innovations and advanced features designed to provide a high level of service and comfort to the LIRR racer."

At the beginning of the 21st century, M7 cars from Bombardier, Canada, the first of which was delivered in 2002, were gradually replaced and participated in their own "Farewell to the M1" ceremony, home to the National Sunrise Trail. The Railway Historical Society four years later on November 4th.

A freight train or a railway museum would not be complete without a caboose. In the Long Island Railroad Museum, the bay window at C-68, as the conductor's office, at the safety link at the end of the car chain and while running in the crew's quarters, could not return to home stations. the night.

Long Island Railroad Museum in Greenport:

Twenty-three miles east is Greenport, another Long Island railroad museum, and the end of the line. But when the Long Island Railroad was conceived, it was just the beginning of its purpose and of the point of intermodal connection where the torch was passed from train to steamer for crossover. The technology eventually conquered Connecticut's southern railroad to Boston and destroyed the reason for the new venture.

Nonetheless, although the museum's other facility is weak in vehicles, it is rich in history.

Settled by colonists in New Haven in 1648, it evolved into a water-end capital ship and shipbuilding center at East End. Small ships delivered products to Connecticut, and larger ships served New York and New England. Whaling began in 1790.

Because its port was conceived as a destination and a transfer point, it attracts the course.

"Greenport was the place that caused the construction of the Long Island Railroad," said historian Frederick A. Kramer. "With the magnificent harbor overlooking Gardiner's Bay, bundled boats to connect Boston mainland had to be placed alongside whalers and local fishing boats."

Although Greenport opened its railroad port doors on July 29, 1844, the first official trip and the advertised "Road to Boston" segment only appeared the following month, August 10, with a train leaving Brooklyn at 08 : 00 and arrive by 12:00 noon, where passengers will board a two-hour ferry ride to Stonington, Connecticut, as part of a $ 400,000 investment in the steam-powered Cleopatra steamboat, and then complete another rail trip to Boston and Norwich. Worcester.

Although the fire used the original wooden warehouse and rack opened on July 27, 1844, a quarter of a second, designed by Charles Hallett, rose on the north side of the double rail in October 1870, transforming Greenport into a rail freight center, with a turntable, a shipping dock, and a storage yard that served as the starting point for Pullman cars heading to cities west of Pittsburgh.

Although still cultivated in and around the North Fork, especially potatoes and cauliflower, this once remote agricultural land has been removed for hours and purposefully resized to attract people who have developed trade and industry.

After failing to compete with the New Haven and Hartford Railroads and then relying on traffic between the islands after its original plan was unfolded, it was still able to transport plants to the western markets and the rail-owned steamboat fleet gave access to Block Island, southwest in Montauk and New London in Connecticut.

To facilitate the survival of Long Island rail travel while providing protection against the typical salt air of the coastal area, a third Victorian-style depot was built in 1892 and features decorative features such as hips, embossing patterns, wrought iron coats of arms and finals. Alongside the lorry that opened at the same time, which itself had a truck compartment, sliding doors, a surrounding wooden deck and a four-step entrance from Fourth Street, it joined other facilities that evolved into an extensive rail yard and included a four-storey engine room, water tank, insulation area and maintenance structures.

It is expected that the East End train service will fade away, with a small steam train between 4 and 4-0 departing daily between Amagansett and Greenport, pulling a combined (passenger and luggage) car and a full bus. It departed at 10:00 and made an intermediate stop in Eastport and Manorville. As it followed a semicircular path, the loss-making run carried by letter, express and a handful of souls was alternatively called "Scoot" and "Cape Train."

After the Greenport pass, he withdrew and started at 2:00 pm.

But the appearance of the car and the flap of depression in February 1931 accelerated its cessation.

"(Today), the two station buildings, along with the historic turntable and section deck, represent the largest and most complete representation of railroad-related buildings and structures to survive in Long Island's only and unique historic area." Website of the Long Island Railroad Museum.

One of the original load-bearing houses houses the museum itself.

Significant are the two HO-sized railroads that depict Greenport in the 1950s and today. A common feature between the two is the integral role of docks, harbor and coastal location throughout history.

Another important consideration was the salon car service of the Long Island Railroad in the 1940s and 1980s, which provides spectacular and popular travel options for New Yorkers on vacation in the East End or just for weekend getaways and displays. comfortable seating, cutlery, and China. It's called Montauk, from the south villa, "Cannonball," and Greenport itself, "Shelter Island Express."

The railroad era of the previous era is executed by works of art and equipment once considered "modern", such as hand typewriters, hand-held telephones, hoses, water coolers, flags and conductor lights, and ticket windows.

The remnants of Bliss Tower, formerly in the Blissville section of Queens, illustrate how such facilities are located at track-to-rail interfaces, allowing operators to visually connect with approaching trains and use appropriate hand tools. way to activate the crossing switches, which are essentially locomotives & # 39; & # 39; served as steering gear.

For example, in managing traffic from Long Island City along the Montauk Branch, these towers have been an integrated intersection infrastructure for centuries, until automation eliminated their need.

Some of the cars are on the track, where they get to the wooden deck surrounding the cargo.

For example, the former Long Island Railroad W-83 wedge was fastened in front of one or more locomotives and pushed at 35 mph, clearing the snow. Because of the dye-like paint system, the museum's example, the only such LIRR unit surviving, has been called a "jaw."

The caboose # 14 behind it, built by the American Car and Foundry Company in 1927, was part of the rail's last wooden order and served the entire route system, including the branches that no longer exist.

After his retirement in the 1960s, he took over a number of secondary hands, including the Branford Electric Railway, the Valley Railroad in Essex, Connecticut, and finally the museum, returning to Long Island on May 17, 1997.

In addition to the museum's rolling exhibitions and the three still active Long Island Railroad tracks, there is the Greenport 80-foot turntable, most recently used by the No. 39 steam locomotive on June 5, 1955, and one of the remaining three. This is the only pneumatic actuator.

Designed to one day be upgraded to steamboat excursion trains between Riverhead and Greenport, the museum would allow passengers to rail the North Villa and re-establish the original course almost two centuries later.

To the left of the turntable is a high-level concrete platform built between 1997 and 1998 and performs LIRR operations for up to two days. To the left is the original 1897 station building, which closed 70 years later, but now houses the East End Seaport Museum.

Finally, the current pier, which once supported the Stonington-bound steamers, replaced the original purpose of the Long Island Railroad.

Fast Growing Cold Hardy Bamboo in America

Running bamboo is the fastest growing type of bamboo plant in the world and has over 700 species. The most common and probably & # 39; King's bamboo from about 80 species of the genus Phyllostachys. The fastest growing popular bamboo species is Phyllostachys aurea (golden bamboo or fishing rod); Phyllostachys bambusoides (giant tree bamboo); Phyllostachys nigra (black bamboo); Phyllostachys nigra & henonis & # 39; (Blue bamboo); Phyllostachys pubescens (Moso Bamboo); and Phyllostachys sulphurea (Robert Young Bamboo). The golden bamboo or fishing rod bamboo plants, as they are called in the south, have light-green or gold-colored stems that are quickly ½ to 2 inches in diameter and up to 30 meters high, with leaves and poles of similar color. The Golden Bamboo was the first of the Phyllostachys bamboo varieties introduced in the United States in 1882. In Alabama, where bamboo was primarily used as a fast-growing windshield, it was planted by southern tobacco growers. Pillars of gold bamboo probably landed more fish in the southeastern United States than any other fishing gear, hence the name, bamboo fishing pole, Phyllostachys aurea. The Giant Tree Bamboo is dark green or gold in stem, which grows to 100 feet in height and can be up to 6 inches in diameter with green foliage.

The popular known bamboo cultivation is the Japanese wood bamboo, Phyllostachys bambusoides, since it was introduced from Japan in the 1910s. The giant tree bamboo was expected by the USDA to be a huge commercial success as a result of its use in erosion and construction, and its nutritious edible shoots. The use of the renewable American Forest Forest as a bamboo product has never been exploited due to the resistance and resistance of the strong American lumber industry and lobby, whose investments have been planted in the once-huge renewable pine and oak forests. In the lower half of North America.

Black bamboo, Phyllostachys nigra, grows rapidly with a bright green stem that turns dark purple or black in about 18 months. The black bamboo palm (stem) is 1 to 2 inches in diameter and grows to reach 30 feet in height with beautiful contrast of green leaves. Black bamboo has been regarded as the "crown jewel" of the bamboo world for centuries and still in China and Japan. Emperors and aristocrats alike decorate their gardens with this choice of black bamboo. Black bamboo is highly respected in cabinet work and is essential to the coffins of wealthy Eastern families, a symbol of beauty and success. Black bamboo usually brings the highest dollar for shopping in gardening centers because of its unparalleled decorative beauty.

Blue Bamboo, Phyllostachys nigra & Henon, also known as Henon Bamboo, or Phyllostachys nigra & Henon. However, the Henon Bamboo is larger than black bamboo, the poles are 3.5 inches in diameter and 50 feet in height. The Blue Henon bamboo stalk is a light green color, but over time, a misty silicon layer is added to give a gray-blue appearance. Blue Henon bamboo color contrasts with green leaves. Known as blue bamboo, thanks to this silicone recovery, the blue Henon bamboo resembles its cousin, black bamboo, rare and highly regarded. Blue henon bamboo is typically grown only for its ornamental value.

Moso Bamboo (Phyllostachys pubescens) is the most valuable bamboo species in the world, using millions of hectares in the world. Washed bamboo stems are considered the widest and most beautiful, grow to a diameter of 3 to 7 inches, and rise to 80 feet along a set of relatively small green leaves. The potential uses of Moso Bamboo seem endless, ranging from food, building materials, paper, irrigation, pharmaceuticals, musical instruments, beer and even diesel. Yes, if "existing powers" allow it, this bamboo can be used to change the world economy and the lives of billions. Moso bamboo is considered to be of infinite beauty; This beautiful visual effect has recently attracted the attention of millions of viewers in Hollywood productions such as Crouching Tiger, The Hidden Dragon, The Last Samurai and other films about bamboo plants growing in Chinese forests. Moso Bamboo is a rare, highly sought after abnormal form with an abdominal abdomen in interodecone tight clusters; Occasionally oblique nodes, or even zigzag deformations, are interesting. These Moso bamboo poles & # 39; turtle-shell & # 39; bamboo, and we appreciate buying and distributing expensive handicrafts or furniture. Moso bamboo, like all species, is a renewable resource, and new moso bamboo plants recover from their roots after cutting. Therefore, if grown as a source of paper products, Moso Bamboo can compete with today's dominant lumber industry and be more compatible with our environment.

Robert Young Bamboo, Phyllostachys sulphurea, is also a very large bamboo, with green stalks, dense green leaves. The bars are 2 to 6 inches in diameter and 50 feet high. Robert Young is named after Bamboo for his discovery and is mainly used as an ornament.

Running bamboo species are distributed by underground rhizomes, which form a 360-degree growth pattern and can grow indefinitely. However, the roots are shallow (only 1 and 2 feet deep) and can be largely controlled by root gauges made of thick gauge plastic or concrete. Hotels and private terraces around the world plant and grow these award-winning ornamental bamboos in terracotta or cement plantations. This method of growing bamboo limits the ability of the bamboo plant to reach its maximum size. Running bamboo species are widely planted for fast growing erosion protection, data protection and wind breaks, and bamboo can be cut to the desired height. Bamboo is generally not particularly soil-specific, although neutral soil (pH = 7) is preferred. Bamboo can tolerate full sun or partial shade. Despite this mistake, bamboo palms (stems) appear largely in spring, with a constant diameter that always remains for each pole fiber. Each year, as the weight of the bamboo root grows stronger, more and more cultures appear until it grows to that species. largest diameter.

Japan Travel – The Rotary Group Study Exchange arrives in Japan, Article 6

Known as Rotary, the international organization promotes the annual travel that every male and female between the ages of 26 and 40, and all backgrounds, should know – because this is a Rotary-funded six-week on-board study and anyone can apply for this significant life experience . If you are in this age group – you can enjoy the kind of experience that my article comments describe. To find out more about the program, visit the Rotary International website, find the GSE – Group Study Exchange program and contact your local Rotary Club for more information.

Our adventures continued:

April 20 – Wednesday:

Harry thinks the little Japanese cars are cute, but says he'd need one for each leg if he lived here.

Mr Tachiabana was driving to Fukuoka today – and the rest of the team was on its way – and there was some embarrassment at 9 am this morning. But we all met at the Nishitetsu Grand Hotel, where we stayed the first night when we arrived. We visited the Fukuoka Rotary Club at their hotel for their lunch meeting and were warmly welcomed – this is Hisa's Club. I talked and the team introduced themselves – and the video was good – they now have a pretty large collection of Club flags. They took our luggage by truck – and boarded the train quickly – and headed to Kitakyushu City. Here lives Kenji Ogawa, the incoming team leader. Later, we were greeted by the city mayor's office – and we learned that Kitakyushu is one of Japan's most important industrial cities for steel and a very well-known harbor – and has historic castles that people visit. Antonio was curious about a new airport to open soon, and Monica was inspired by questions about the newly opened homeless shelter. We also learned from the Education Council representative that the philosophy of education has changed in Japan – they are now focusing on teaching how to use knowledge rather than teaching knowledge. Coffee – we all needed an elevator – and Starbucks was the ticket at the moment. We walked through the city's downtown streets, shops and shopping streets – across the bridge – it's a pretty city – and back to the Station Hotel where the Kokura East Rotary Club meets for dinner. It was a lively group – maybe because they stand up for the whole meeting – and the Kenji's Club. Oh and no – no women and little English in both clubs. We are all new host families – and Kenji, myself and his cabin are heading to his house.

Kyushu Island has many typhoons – and that's why they build roofs on heavy rooftops.

April 21 – Thursday:

Hiroshi Tanaka is a company of Tanaka Sanjiro ltd. He imports specialty products for the Japanese fish industry – using glasses of various sizes (used for plankton filtering, etc.), values ​​and fish tags – while Teiko and his son, Tomo, work on his work. business. They have operations in 24 countries and 3400 companies worldwide. Kenji Ogawa owns a company, Ken Corporation, which exports used large-scale motorized equipment, including tractors passing through grape vines, heavy equipment, agricultural machinery, trucks and buses that are shipped worldwide. Japanese Rotarians love cars – they drive Land Rovers, imaginary Mercedes, Ferraris – and there are more cars in the family than it seems.

Kenji and I went to Nippon Steel this morning at Land Rover – where Hitoshi Adachi (Rotarian and plant CEO) gave us a home to watch the steel plant. Monica and Antonio joined – and they all dressed in jackets, white gloves, glasses, hard hats – with microphones – to go through the smelter and the steel industry. If you've never been to a steel plant, it's fantastic to see it. Huge (I mean huge) cranes that move huge containers of molten steel (orange-red and spit fire) – huge furnaces to heat the raw material at awesome temperatures – neon red ore rivers that leave the big furnace – railway wagons that accept liquid stuff (and how do you get all the stuff in a steel plant together?) We went into the next plant – noisy and with such complicated machines – and learned to get coal from cast iron to make steel in one of the world's two ( the other at an American steel plant in Alabama). . The big buckets hung from the ceiling as the new liquid steel was poured into the molds – feeling small in a steel mill. Antonio said he felt like we were in a "Terminator" movie. We went to the Kokura West Lunch Club for lunch. Meaning: no women or a lot of English – and not as fun as our club (not much difference in Rotary clubs for Japanese men).

In the afternoon, we visited Antonio, who has been fascinated by this company since the beginning of his trip, TOTO, which (with 18,000 people worldwide) makes toilets and bathroom equipment (such as Koller). TOTO is publicly traded on the Japanese stock exchange under the toto symbol. Strange – but toilets here are modern technology compared to basic equipment. TOTO President Keizo Hanamura (former President of the Kenji Club) welcomed us. We walked around the plant and saw that the ceramics were made from raw material, molded, burnt (where it shrinks by 30%), sprayed on the glaze (by a robot) – and finally it looked like a toilet. We learned the different waves – and the technology to create the most modern toilet on the planet – warm seats, remote control, special glaze – new recognition of toilets – even toilets give a warm welcome in Japan … The showroom was full of beautiful bathroom items – all small enough to fit into Japanese homes. Antonio took many pictures. At Kenji's house – his wife Emi offered a good dinner – and Cleo (7) and Arisa (10) enjoyed it. Ken and I were playing online and showing him the LGRMC newsletters, the club's website and pictures – and he says he is very much looking forward to coming to America and seeing "not your father's Rotary Club" – says that the Rotary- she has to do something here because she's full of older, older men, no facial expressions – Ken is funny when imitating – and we laugh. He fits in well with our club and doesn't want to leave – because he has in his mind an image of such a club as "life in need of rotation." From today's hosts, no doubt – Rotary's enormous economic stance – I think all of our concerns are to continue to motivate people and gain membership in our clubs in the future.

This article is a series – read on – and many days will follow our wonderful adventure!

A guide to New Hampshire's Eastern White Mountains

1. Appalachian Mountains:

Almost 2,000 miles from Newfoundland, Canada, to Alabama, the United States, stretches the Appalachian Mountains or the Eastern Rockies, a natural barrier between the North American coastal plain and its inland lowlands. It is divided into three physiographic regions, north, central and southern, and covers several provinces.

It consists of metamorphic rocks formed by catastrophic eruptions, intense heat and crushing pressures during the Precambrian period, 1.1 billion and 540 million years ago, and the Aplachachs form part of the planet's oldest mountains. The earth's crustal uprisings at the end of the Paleozoic Era (about 250 million years ago) resulted in an unimaginable amount of internal crumb pressure on the underground rock, which was then twisted, folded, broken, and cracked before being compensated. lifting – sometimes parallel to the spine. Based on secondary formation and carving, water, ice and weather conditions, it has created valleys and gorges for millennia, when plants and most animal species did not exist.

When ground forces passed, they left the highest peak (6,884 feet) in what is now North Carolina, Mount Mitchell.

2. White Mountains:

New Hampshire was hardly neglected when dealing with altitude superlatives. The Appalachian Chain's own section, the White Mountains, did indeed have 48 peaks at "four thousand feet", at least 5,000 feet high, and its kingdom crown, the 6888-foot Washington Mountain, the highest rock. peak across the northeast.

Softening created deep mountain passages called "incisions" by the early settlers because they resembled shapes made of shafts made of wood, while circuses made heads of gaps such as Washington's Tuckerman and Mount Adam. s royal chasm.

Man was a hand, and sometimes hurtful, in the design of the New Hampshire section of the Basic Mach. Because of their arboretal fashion, logging concerns, which bought much of the land and then shredded it to sawmills at 1832 before being towed by rail, remained bare until the law of the weeks was enacted and allowed until 1914. re-purchase of the original 7,000 acres.

Subsequent purchases and bans on logging in designated wildlife areas ensure the creation of 800,000 acres of White Mountain National Forest, which is today the slogan of "Diverse Land."

The state has a prominent series of presidents whose tops, as their name suggests, were named by presidents and other prominent Americans.

Its rich wildlife ranges from deer to mouse, black bear, bobcat, gray fox, coyote, beaver, porpoise, raccoon and 184 bird species, including peregrine falcons.

Although its protected status restricts its use, this restriction does not apply to your enjoyment, which is abundant and varies with the season.

Abundant snowfalls in winter transform landscapes into clean postcards and sports paradises, such as attractions, tourists, athletes, and fans, as mountains lend their sides and summits to world-class resorts, such as alpine and cross- snowmobiles, sledging, ice fishing, dog sledding and even freezing waterfalls.

With its colorful glow, the region becomes an endless canvas for Impressionism paintings in the fall, and becomes a magnet for photographers, leaf illuminators and scientists. The color wave depends on time, height and type of tree. For example, red lakes rise at low levels in mid-September, while beech, sugar and birch trees reach this level a month later at 2000 meters. This peak occurs earlier, in early October, between 2000 and 3500 feet, and the yellow birch, mountain maple and mountain ash illuminate in mid-September with color intensity between 3500 and 5500 feet.

However, the peak of the region reaches its peak in the summer tourist season, when about two dozen attractions provide natural scenery, links to its railroad past, family-oriented theme parks and outdoor activities.

3. Orientation:

New Hampshire White Mountains, located in the north of the state, are within easy reach. Routes 16, Interstate 93 and 3 provide north-south travel, and roads 2, 302, and 112 cut the area into an east-west direction.

4. Sights of White Mountain:

A. On Route 2:

Located in New Hampshire, Jefferson, from May to December, Santa's Village is a Christmas theme park that allows children to visit the red-bearded man in July, eat his reindeer, and enjoy 19 different pleasures. tours and activities including antique cars, yule log flume, sleigh, Jingle Bells Express train, roller coaster and water park. Live 3D shows are presented by the Polar Theater and the Burgermeister Food Court offers a variety of items for lunch, including the possibility of decorating gingerbread cookies.

One-day, two-day and seasonal passes allow unlimited rides, shows and attractions in the park.

Six Gun City and Fort Splash are another family-oriented theme park in Jefferson, which is led by Road 2 but is west-centered. Open between May and September, it allows visitors to "ride, slide and play" all day long in attractions such as go-karts, laser labels, slides, bumper boats, sawmill tours, mechanical stage buses, log skating train.

Kids can look for a deputy badge from the sheriff, or go over to the other side of the law and decorate the posters they want.

A transport museum holds more than a hundred antique carts and sleds, including the oldest Concord trainer.

Children can double (soda) at the Six Gun Salon or have lunch at the Grabby Grub House, and cowboy-related clothes and gifts can be purchased at the Commerce Post Office and General Store.

Campsite Fort Jefferson, with its own pool, offers 100 locations, from tents to full interconnections.

B. On Route 302:

Challenging mankind to overcome the stunning 6888-meter peak, and when Darby Field is considered to be the first to do so when he climbed two Indian guides in 1652, Mount Washington never stopped seducing people. copy your success. However, today's tourist can make the Mount Washington Cog Railway easier, faster and more comfortable.

When Sylvester Marsh, a Compton, New Hampshire aboriginal and Chicago meatpacker, followed Field's steps about two hundred years later and was trapped on a mountain by a life-threatening snowstorm, he promised to devise a method to eliminate the dangers of ascension. , and make it available to anyone.

Providing a mountaineering rail charter, a concept initially lauded by the New Hampshire legislature and accompanied by the now-famous words that it could "build a railway on the moon", invented a technology that included a small, controlled, locomotive cogwheel. , which was connected to the stairs between the tiny rails and allowed the engine to climb up a steep slope of up to 37.41 percent.

In 1869, having successfully achieved its lofty purpose and height, it has been operating ever since. A national historic landmark, it is the world's second steepest rail system and the oldest, still operational.

Mount Washington Cog Railway, which is located six miles from Fabian Station on Route 302, offers a three-hour turnaround from its own Marshfield station to the summit in May, with both steam and biodiesel locomotives. October and one hour halfway trips in November and December. All trains consist of a pusher and a passenger car.

Next to the ticket office; self-service restaurant, Catalano in Cog; and a souvenir shop, the station itself provides an overview of early cogwheel technology through the Cog Museum and outdoor exhibitions, which include the first locomotive to climb the mountain.

Views of the rocky extreme moonscape summit span the northern presidential summit, and riders can visit the Sherman Adams Summit building; Mount Washington Observatory; Tip-Top House, a national historic landmark; and the Summit Stage Office, where the world's highest wind speed – 231 mph – was recorded.

Another famous landmark on Mount Washington Cog 302, a short distance from Mount Washington Cog Railway Station, is the Mount Washington Resort.

Rising from the forest to the green, and always in the shade of the mountain, this large mansion, with its white façade and red roof, was built by Joseph Stickney, one of the original great hotels in the area, between 1900 and 1902. Indigenous people in New Hampshire enriched their wealth in the coal-mining and Pennsylvania railroad in a Spanish Renaissance style.

It was built by 250 Italian craftsmen, who used meticulous details for their wood and masonry work. It featured a rare steel structure and innovative heating, electric power, plumbing and private telephone systems, as well as its still existing post office, which has been transformed into a luxury by the beautiful beautiful hotels.

The 350-person building opened its doors on July 28, 1902, catering to wealthy Northeast guests, celebrities and dignitaries, including Thomas Edison, Babe Ruth, Joan Crawford, Princess Margaret and three American presidents, all of whom had access. with up to 50 daily trains serving three local stations.

In 1944, the Bretton Woods International Monetary Conference was an event in which representatives of 44 nations founded the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund, setting the gold standard at $ 35.00 and designating the US dollar as the backbone of international exchange.

In 1978, the hotel was included in the National Register of Historic Places and, nine years later, was declared a National Historic Landmark by the Ministry of the Interior.

Its century-old elegance reflects the 900-meter porch and lobby of the "Great Hall", which has high ceilings and rocky fireplaces.

Other interesting times echo in the form of afternoon teas in the princess's room, five-star meals in the dining room, lighter fare at Stickney Restaurant, cocktails at the Rosebrook Bar, the Veranda or the rocky cave as the operator. supervised lifts and hose-trekking on land surrounded by White Mountain Peak and Crawford Notch.

A 25,000-square-foot spa with 13 treatment rooms and two golf courses, including the nine-hole Mount Pleasant Course, opened in 1895, and the 18-hole Mount Washington Course, which restored the 1915 Donald Ross design.

The same Omni-owned Bretton Arms Inn has breakfast.

Fabyan Station Restaurant is located along Route 302 near the Bretton Woods Ski Resort, near Mount Rosebrook. The hotel offers 433 acres of ski and snowboarding, 101 alpine trails, 100 kilometers of Scandinavian trails, four outdoor parks, night skiing and a gymnastics tour with ten ziplines, two sky bridges and three rapids.

In addition to skiing, winter activities include dog sledding, sledging, snowboarding, ice skating, snowshoeing, and ice climbing, while summer activities include hiking, biking, swimming, fly fishing, tennis, and trails and carriage rides.

Dining options include the Lucy Crawford Food Court and Slopeside Restaurant in the Main House, as well as the Top O & # 39; restaurant on the summit.

302 further east is Crawford Notch State Park.

Discovered in 1771, when Timothy Nash, a Lancaster hunter, discovered the gap while following a moose over Cherry Hill, Governor John Wentworth promised him to ride his lands through horses and build a path through it, which he eventually achieved. , despite significant topographic barriers.

The area itself was named after the Crawford family, the first settlers. Creating inns for travelers and forging the first trip up Mount Washington, he organized mountaineering expeditions.

To prevent excessive deforestation of the area, the State of New Hampshire acquired most of the local land in 1913 and designates it as a state park. Its 5777 hectares now include the peaks of the Saco River valley.

In addition to picnics, fishing and hiking, it offers two short, easy hiking trails: the half-mile Pond Loop Trail leads to the lake itself, and the one-mile Sam Willey Trail follows the Saco River. Extensions and separate paths lead to Rippley and Arethusa falls.

Farther east, but still along Route 302, the Attitash Mountain Resort, whose peak rises to 2,350 meters. In addition to the usual winter sports offer, it opened its doors to summer activities in 1976 with a more than a mile-long, lifts-imported slide from Germany, with rolling slopes and S-curves.

Gradually expanding attractions include rail-mounted, two-person cars that run the 360-foot loops of Norway's 2280m mountain washer; climbing wall; trampoline; water slide; mountain biking; riding; and 1700 feet of scenic wide chair.

Daily, afternoon and one-way travel tickets for adults and children allow visitors to optimize their experience.

At 2,050 feet, Bear Peak is at the foot of the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel and Crawford Restaurant, while Attitash Mountain Village is located off 302.

C. On Route 16:

While Cog Railway provides access to the mountain summit from the west, Mount Washington Auto Road offers an eastern, self-propelled alternative.

Finding its origin up on the originally designated Mount Washington Carriage Road, which was the country's first man-made tourist attraction when it opened on August 8, 1861, allows motorists to "pass the highway" by promoting themselves , reaching 16th on Pinkham Notch.

The base has a Great Glen Lodge restaurant and the adjacent Douglas A. Philbrook Red Barn Museum is the last horse and hay barn that was an integral part of the Carriage Road transition process. a collection of refurbished cars, carts, buses, and cars that once surpassed the summit road.

The basic fee for entering Auto Road includes the car, its driver, an audio or CD cassette tour, and the famous "This Car Climbed to Mt. Washington:" bumper sticker, with vehicles rising from 1543 to 6,888 feet, a one-mile elevation increase of 594 to 880 feet while traveling the 7.6 miles. They have access to the same summit views and historic buildings as rail passengers.

A short distance from Highway 16 is Wildcat Mountain, itself the attraction of Attitash's sister. Its 49 trails and cleanness, achieved by New England's most powerful quados, include the 2.75-mile Polcat trail for beginners, the 2112-foot vertically sloping Lynx trail for intermediates and the Wildcat trail for experts.

Summer activities include Wildcat Mountain Express Skyride. Ascending quietly to the Wildcat Mountain's 4,062-meter summit during their 15-minute journey, the four-person gondolas initially move between the White Mountains and the waves of the Tuckerman Ravine, the Lion's Head, Raymond, and finally. Cataract, Mount Washington, and Huntington Ravine are among the distant but still visible sugar-soaked spots and the snow-stained peaks, even in summer.

It seems to clean upright evergreens, which resemble arboretic, forest-guarding deer, as they approach the top, open their doors, and emit a pine-trap, as if they were placed in their local kindergarten for Christmas. tree takes. The air, thin and clean, is about ten degrees cooler than the base.

"You are on the Appalachian Trail," is immediately indicated by a sign "designated by Congress as a national scenic trail in 1968." It stretches from Springer Mountain, Georgia to Katahdin, Maine, more than 2140 miles. It crosses 14 states, eight national forests, six national parks and many state lands.

At the other end of the summit, you will have a short walk to the eastern slope of the White Mountain National Forest, as well as the Kearsarge North, South Doublehead and directly to the Black Mountain silhouettes. To the east, the Wild River Valley in the foreground, while a series of smaller, round mountains formed during the recent Ice Age, can be seen beyond this area along the New Hampshire-Maine state line. Clear days allow for a 90-mile glimpse of the Atlantic Ocean.

The Appalachian Trail runs west along the Presidential Mountain Range, Mount Washington and the Gulf Wilderness. The Mahoosuc Mountains and the cities of Berlin and Gorham lie to the north, while Jackson, Bartlett and Conways lie to the south.

Wildcat Mountain's four-person Zip Rider, suspended from a cable 70 meters above the ground, sinks 2100 feet above trails, tree tops and the Peabody River at 12% and 45 km / h. describes the experience of "sudden, sudden landing on high speed cable".

Wildlife hiking through a branch overlooks Thompson Falls and fishing on the Peabody River.

Packages include services such as gondola, lunch at the mountain cafe, disc golf and Attitash Grand Summit Hotel.

South of Road 16 is the Appalachian Mountain Club. Founded in Boston by Edward Pickering and 33 other outdoor enthusiasts, the goal was to "protect, enjoy and understand the Appalachian Mountains, forests, waters and trails." hiking trail at the Tuckerman Ravine in 1879, and currently maintains more than 1,500 miles, including huts and huts, on a 12-chapter system that extends from Maine to Washington DC. The organization has 450 seasonal and full-time staff and 16,000 staff. volunteers with 100,000 members.

Its New Hampshire chapter, on the eastern side of Mount Washington, has been a highlight of hiking, mountaineering, skiing and snowshoeing since the 1920s. Today, he maintains Joe Dodge Lodge, a coffee shop, gift shop and eight. offers mountain trails, lectures, workshops and outdoor learning.

Here is the Pnkham Notch Visitor Center.

Story Land, another family-oriented theme park where the "fairy tale comes to life", is located a quarter mile south of the intersection of Routes 16 and 302 in Glen.

Kids are served buffet rides and activities, including antique cars, Cinderella pumpkins, a chewing-and-chewing train in the park, Dr. Geyser's remarkable rafting, polar pads, bamboo canals and a rotating bale. Riding, crab mapping, fun oceans, turtle twisting, splash battle and Cinderella castle.

His entertainment, as indicated by his colorful titles, is as youth-oriented as Duke Dance Party, Funsation Celebration, The Story-Bops, The Fairy Tale Fiasco, The Royal Hanneford Circus and The Farm Follies Show.

Drinks, snacks and food are available at many locations, including the Food Fair, Pixie Kitchen and Sunny Day Farm.

The city of North Conway, located south of Road 16 (also known as White Mountain Highway), is the region's most important tourist base.

Leased by Governor Colonel Benning Wentworth in 1765, it is due to its geographical, topographic and transportation access. Named after a 20-year-old MP by Henry Seymour Conway, he is literally rooted in germinating farms in many other New England villages than in other New England villages.

Connected to the outside world in 1872, when the Portsmouth, Great Falls and Conway Railroad set off, it welcomed a growing number of tourists, attracted by winter sports and mountain scenery, often white Mountain art paintings.

In 1832, in order to identify itself with the activities promoted by its topography, it became the "birthplace of skiing," and the railroad transported 5,000 passengers to the city on "Snow Trains" over the weekend.

Nowadays, despite its compact size, it offers many features and services that are usually associated with the city and are three times its size. Accommodation ranges from historic hostels such as Stonehurst Manor and Inn, 1785 Inn and Eastern Slope Inn to well-known chains (such as Holiday Inn Express and Marriott Residence Inn). Restaurants lead from fast food restaurants to the Bavarian Chocolate Haus, an authentic Italian restaurant and dining area in historic eateries. The stores are just as versatile, from small gift shops to bookstores, Settlers & # 39; Green Outlet Village and North Conway Mall. Other city amenities include art galleries, a community center with live performances, a weather discovery center, a model railroad museum and a historic train station.

From this station visitors can return and explore the area's rich railway past.

North Conway's picturesque train station, which was at the same time a transport link with the rest of the country and is now architectural in the past, was the heart of the city and the center of its citizens. life that wheelchairs and carriages have access to. Built for Portsmouth, Great Falls and Conway in 1874, it was designed by Nathaniel J. Bradlee – an architect of serious fame in Boston – to serve the growing resort community.

The impressive, two-way depot, the magnificence of which is the size of typical stations at the time, is sporting a 136-year-old loft copper and copper E. Howard watch that seems unaware of the trail's suspension and continues to sweep. hands 360 degrees 365 days a year.

Inside, mirrored on both sides by a winding wooden staircase leading up to the tower, its golden age is reflected by an original ticket and telegraph office with vintage instruments, a cabin waiting room / museum (formerly the Waiting Room for Women), the Brass Whistle Gift Shop (Former Men) waiting room) and a storage room (then the luggage room). It serves as a proof of the city's railway history and is one of the few original and complete warehouses in the country.

The 85-foot, motor-driven, pneumatic motorized turntable, which allows the locomotive to be turned either for track alignment or 180 degree mutual orientation, approaches the four-column circular housing, with lower trails for easy maintenance, repair and maintenance. Out-of-town workers often sit in the wheelchair beside it.

Built in the 1870s as a processing point for draymen-controlled cargoes, the store is listed in the National Register of Historic Places next to the wheelhouse with storage and turntable. Currently located here is the North Conway Model Railroad Club.

The Conway Scenic Railroad fleet consists of 13 steam and diesel electric locomotives, more than 40 cars and buses, seven privately owned cabins and three privately owned snow throwers.

It offers multi-day tourist trains during the summer season. For example, "valley trains" either depart on an 11-mile roundabout to Conway, or show an hour, 45-minute, and 21-mile return to Bartlett, while "Notch trains" enter Crawford Notch and 50-mile, five-and-a-half hours excursion to Crawford Depot and Fabyan Station. These services use steam or diesel power, and passengers can book bus, first class or premium / domed accommodation with three meals.

Featuring winter sports enthusiasts, the town is equipped with a back yard, the Cranmore Mountain Ski Slope, just a mile from Route 16, which cuts through.

Connected to a unique mountain ascent system, it was fitted with 192 metal, tire and cable-pulled skimobil fleets that stood on a magnetic stretch of Mount Cranmore. It was designed by George Morton, of Bartlett, New Hampshire, and transported both the sky and sightseeing and was North America's oldest operating elevator system when it ceased operations in 1989 after 51 years of continuous service.

Today, Cranmore Mountain has ten lifts; 13 initial, 25 intermediate and 16 expert examinations; and 1200 feet vertical drop. Non-skiing attractions include an indoor adventure area at Base Lodge; a giant swing; a 3,700 ft. mountain washer; terrain parks; ropes course; a four-station bungee trampoline; mountain Segway tours; descending, two-person zipper, 700 meters long; and scenic cable car rides.

Disadvantages of cruise ship travel

Boat travel is not for everyone. While many enjoy cruises, some travelers prefer other types of vacations. Before sailing, consider this the best travel method for you. Be sure to find information about the specific companies you are considering and read the opinions of other customers. Also, consider talking to friends who have been on a cruise before and make sure it sounds like something you enjoy. It's important to get more information than someone's recommendation. What one person finds entertaining is probably not, so it is important to know why someone has made a cruise ship experience or not.

Some people do not enjoy cruises simply because of the nature of traveling by boat. Those who are prone to motion sickness cannot enjoy staying aboard the ship, because seasickness is very likely to occur. The severity is different for everyone, and seasickness is usually not serious, but it can nevertheless be an unpleasant experience and ruin your vacation. Think about whether you are worried or not. Medicines and wristbands help those who suffer from seasickness, but they are not effective for everyone. For some people, marine disease runs relatively quickly, but it is up to you to decide if you are willing to face it.

Others are afraid to sail because the ship is sinking. It is up to you to decide that you are a person concerned about this possibility. This can help you do some research. Of course, any type of travel carries the inherent risks. Some are afraid of traveling by plane, but they are on the doorstep. Others often fly on airplanes, but they would not think they would set sail. It is true that staying aboard a ship is a different experience than any other form of travel. Some are not so much afraid of the ship sinking, but they are afraid of being released in open water and unable to see the coast. It is up to you to decide whether to stay in the ocean or not.

Perhaps the most common fear in the last decade about fairways is the appearance of viral outbreaks of cruise ships in the media. This problem has improved over the last few years, but most travelers are aware of outbreaks of viruses such as the Norwalk virus. These viruses run on cruise ships as many people stay side by side for longer periods of time. Although general precautions can certainly reduce the chances of people catching a virus on a cruise ship, it is true that diseases are more difficult to avoid on a ship.

In addition to viruses, cruise ship crime has also been widely publicized. It is important to research each shipping line and obtain accurate statistics. Read the overviews and information to learn how to handle incidents and make sure you understand the level of security on board. Fortunately, most cruise ship crimes are property crimes rather than violent crimes, and this is relatively common for all types of travel.

How can you start traveling the world while earning money?

How to Make Money While Traveling the World |

The cost of travel strongly discourages people from traveling, but it should not be so. Doing a few simple things can really make up for your travel expenses and help you raise money for your trip. Follow the travel traps we give you and make money while traveling.

How to Make Money While Traveling?

Car can be rented

When traveling, most people tend to park their cars at the airport and do not know if there are apps on your mobile device that allow you to rent a car directly from the airport. If you want to find ways to earn money for your trip, you need to do this instead of sitting in the airport car park for a longer period of time. The two most popular car services are Turo and Flight Car. You should be comfortable renting a car as both companies offer at least $ 1 million in insurance when renting a car. This will not only earn you money while traveling, but will save you a good $ 100 on parking fees. You can earn at least $ 130 a week for renting a car.

Travel blogs

We all love documenting our travels, but we need to do the conversion of these images and bills into something that can be converted to money; and that’s what travel blogs are all about. Creating a travel blog is the best way to share your journey with others. You can give these tips and guidelines when you visit a place you have visited before. If you are wondering how to make money from travel blogs, start by advertising on your site. Once you start looking for significant traffic, travel agencies will ask you to blog about them. There are also travel sites that ask you to comment on them and they will pay you an exciting amount to do this.

Another great way to use GoPro as a camera is to pay for travel and photography, which is a wise choice. Go Pro gives you the opportunity to earn $ 500 for images, $ 1,000 for recordings and $ 5,000 for the best edited video clips that use their platform. Send them the best travel picture with their official dad and the big winner will eventually be.

Finally, there is a way to raise money for travel, and it can be built into the miles you travel. The charity miles and pact allows you to set a goal and look for it once you've completed the goal. Charity Miles pays about 25 cents every mile. This is the most important guide when looking for opportunities to earn money while traveling the world.

Famous people from Luton

Luton is best known for its London Luton Airport, Luton City Football Club, University of Bedfordshire and the Luton Carnival in May. But there are some famous and outstanding people who are closely associated with Luton, especially in the fields of entertainment, sports and literature. Here are some samples.

1. Arthur Hailey

The writer, Arthur Hailey, was born on April 5, 1920 in Luton and died on November 24, 2004. He served in the Royal Air Force between 1939 and 1947, later moving to Canada and then to California. His novels, presented in various industrial and commercial contexts, are known for their dramatic human conflict and well-researched information.

Hailey was such a good novelist that many of his books became an instant bestseller. Many were ranked number one on the New York Times bestseller list. In total, his books have sold over 170 million copies worldwide and have been translated into 40 languages. Some of his books made films, including "Airport", which became a blocker. Her novel "Hotel" has become a long-running TV series.

At the time of writing a book, Hailey has been researching for a year, studying notes for six months, and writing about 18 months. For these reasons, his books had a strong sense of realism that attracted many readers.

2. John Badham

The film was directed by John Badham on August 25, 1939 in Luton. He was raised in Alabama in the United States and in 1946 became an American citizen. His graduate film at Yale University was a strike on Saturday Night Fever. In 1977, he introduced the world to John Travolta.

Badham has a number of credits in both film and television. His most famous films include Saturday Night Fever (1977), Dracula (1979), Who Life is Anyway? (1981), Blue Thunder (1983), WarGames (1983), American Flyers (1985), Short Circuit (1986). Stakeout (1987), The Hard Way (1991), No No Return (1993), Drop Zone (1994). Nick of Time (1995), Incognito (1997) and The Jack Bull (1999).

3. Phil Read

Phillip was born under the name William Read in Luton on January 1, 1939. It came to the forefront when Phil Read was a former Grand Prix racing racer with the impressive nickname "The Prince of Speed." He was the first person to win the World Championships in the 125cc, 250cc and 500cc classes.

Reading first became the focus of attention in 1964 when it won the world champion in the 250cc, a feat that gave Yamaha its first world title. In total, he won 50 Grand Prix Tour victories between 1963 and 1976. He has appeared seven times in the world in the 125cc or 250cc class, including 1964, 1965, 1968 (both 125cc and 250cc), 1971, 1973 and 1974. Yamaha, in the top five rankings, and MV Augusta in 1973 and 1974 -in.

The final race was in 1982 at the age of 43 when he participated in the Isle of Man TT. In 2002, FIM called the Grand Prix "Legend."

4. Colin Salmon

Born in Luton in 1952, Colin Salmon is known for his role in the best-known three James Bond films, where he played Charles Robinson as Bond opposite Pierce Brosnan.

When Brosnan left the Bond franchise, Salmon became a strong contender when he replaced James Bond, even if Brosnan approved his successor. However, he did not receive the part. Salmon would have been the first black actor to portray Bond, described by writer Ian Fleming as half Scottish, half Swiss Caucasian.

Most recently, David Tyrel starred in the Sky One British Hex television series. Dr. Rowan Dunlop is also a part of ITV UK television series Bad Girls. She appeared on the sixth episode of BBC Three Comedy, Little Miss Jocelyn, where she played herself.

Salmon's most popular films include Match Point (2005) as Ian; Alien vs. Predator (2004) as Maxwell Stafford; Trial & Retribution VIII (2004), Colin Thorpe; Keen Eddie (2003-2004) Supp. Nathanial Johnson; Die Another Day (2002) as Charles Robinson; Resident Evil (2002) as one; The World Is Not Enough (1999), like Charles Robinson; Tomorrow He Will Never Die (1997) as Charles Robinson and Prime Suspect 2 (1992) as Sergeant Robert Oswalde.

Some of Luton's popular personalities include Kevin Blackwell, Danny Cannon, Stu Riddle, Kenneth Williams, Paul Young, Billy Schwer, Ian Dury and many more.

An informal look at Spain's contribution to the colonial freedom war in America

Since arriving in Spain seven years ago, I have sought out the Spanish ancestors (led by Governor Francisco Bouligny – Louisiana Governor Bernardo de Galvez) to draw attention to how little we Americans know about the vital importance of helping Spain. our English War of Independence.

The following are from my own research and discussions with other interested American Americans, both in Spain and the United States. The intention is to share this information with Americans who offer short term furnished apartments for tourist and business use in my company (www.rentalspain.com) and have increased SAR membership and DAR.

I hope the reader will catch the desire for further knowledge and spread the word to try to fill this gap in a very important part of our nation's history.

Foreword:

At the end of the Spanish Succession War, the 1713-14
Great Britain was owned by Gibraltar and Menorca. Over the next 50 years there were numerous European wars and constant power struggles, involving both Russia and Poland.

However, the real starting point for this commentary was the seven-year war between 1756 and 1763. In the final year, Spain made an alliance with France through the Bourbon Third Family Compact, sharing its defeat with Britain

With the Treaty of Paris of 1763, Spain lost Florida, which extended the Gulf Coast to the vast expanse of Louisiana. Portugal lost Uruguay.

France lost all of Canada and India and transferred all of its territory to Great Britain to the area east of the Mississippi River. New Orleans and the vast Louisiana area, however, Louis Louis felt better about handing over Bourbon to Spain.

The size of the area was huge! It included parts of Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.

Following the treaty, Britain was too belligerent to bear much of this destruction and returned the islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique to France and Cuba to Spain. In the Caribbean, however, it retained its lumbering and trading rights and activities.

III. The king of Spain was a far-sighted and energetic ruler, and he embraced this defeat and began to build his naval and military forces by the time he and Britain were at war again.

At the same time, it has carried out economic and administrative reforms that have led to economic revival in both Spain and the US economy.

Those:

When did Spain have time, why did you form an alliance with France to support the colonies?

Spain wanted to return to control Gibraltar and Menorca, Florida, Jamaica and the Bahamas, and control navigation on the Mississippi River. It also eliminated British facilities on the east coast of Mexico and Honduras.

To achieve this, III. Carlos and his ministers decided on a policy of division and domination. In other words, by promoting the struggle of the "rebellious English colonies", British money, fleets and troops can be tied up in North America, while Spanish forces have led the British directly to secession from the Caribbean.

As history has shown, Spain's partition and rule strategy proved particularly useful for "refilling English colonists" to achieve victory and their own independence.

Players:

According to the writers, the history of Spain's history is told through the most interesting insights to those who were traced back to III. Carlos chose to achieve his goals.

Jose Monnino y Redodo, Conde de Floridablanca: Secretary of State – Perhaps the most important non-warrior, if not a person, is all that. III. Charles began the time needed to rebuild the Navy and the military. Unlike France, which in 1776 openly declared war on Britain in support of the rebellious English colonies, Floridablanca kept Spain from declaring war on Britain until 1779. That is, only when Spain was ready.

He pursued hard the goal of liberating Britain from the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean, until the signing of peace in 1783. It was only after returning to Gibraltar and capturing Jamaica that it did not achieve its purpose.

Pedro Pablo Abarca de Bolea, Conde de Aranda: Minister of Spain in France. Following Floridablanca's insistence, he was the only Spanish representative to conduct official affairs with the American Commission, led by Benjamin Franklin, and only in Paris. In fact, in 1777, an American commissioner was denied entry to northern Spain to defend Spain's "neutrality" against the British.

The close relationship between Aranda and the American Commission made him return to their cause and became very American. He put so much pressure on Madrid to prevent the declaration of Spain's war in Britain years before his boss, Conde de Floridablanca, said Spain was ready for it.

Diego Maria de Garoqui Aniquibar: Basque – Gardoqui e Hijos bank manager in Bilbao. He spoke English and is one of the few non-governmental actors on the issue.

Through her bank, financial aids and supplies such as blankets, shoes and stockings, and medications were brought to the colonies through New Orleans. He secretly equipped American private figures, such as John Paul Jones, who had come to Bilbao and northern Spanish ports to intercept the remains of their captives on British merchant ships.

In 1785 he became Spain's first ambassador to the United States.

In a sense, Spain's contribution to the American Revolution could be called the "family of Macharavianla connection."

Three members of the Galvez family were born in that small Spanish mountain town, just off the mainland of the southern Mediterranean, not far from Malaga.

Jose de Galvez – Minister of the Council of India, older brother, Matias and nephew, patron saint of Bernardo de Galvez. Jose took overall responsibility for Spain's war activities in America, and Floridablanca, through the Secretary of State, persuaded III. Carlos that Spain's priority in America must be to defeat the British along the Gulf Coast in Florida and Florida. up the Mississippi River before focusing his efforts on the Caribbean campaign.

Matias de Galvez, brother of Jose and father of Bernardo de Galvez. Like other members of his family, he rose to prominence in the military rankings and was appointed captain of Guatemala in 1779, where British timber-cutting, illicit trade and smuggling significantly reduced Spain's Central American revenues.

It quickly defeated and stopped British activities along the Gulf of Mexico in Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua. It is important that it plays a key role in Spain's "Divide and Regulate" policy and has prevented British strategists from concentrating their efforts against the colonial rebellion or the Caribbean campaign.

He was named "Nueva Espana Viceroy" for his achievements and died in the Mexican office. He was later followed by his son Bernardo, who also died in that office in 1786 at the age of 40.

After his uncle Bernardo de Galvez's highly successful military career at Nueva Espana, which included fighting Native American Indians and expelling a Spanish Jesuit priest from the same western part of the North American continent. In 1776 he was made governor of Louisiana.

The diplomatic, financial and military exploitation of the British between 1776 and 1783 against the British in the Mississippi River Valley along the Gulf of Florida, and his contribution to the British defeat at Yorktown, were all Spain's most secure and important contributions. the American Revolution.

Spain had stockpiled weapons, bullets and clothing in New Orleans as early as 1775, before the colonies' declaration of independence. Transported up the inland waterways of the Mississippi and Ohio rivers, some of these supplies may eventually reach George Washington troops on the East Coast.

Together with Virginia-based Irish-American merchant and agent Oliver Pollock, Bernardo handed over successful American campaigns led by George Rogers Clark against the British in the Allegania area (now Pennsylvania and Ohio). And thanks to Bernardo's war activities, it was the only British attack with the colonists along the western borders.

By the end of the war, Pollock went bankrupt and lost his lands, buying goods from Spain to support the neighboring United States. In the post-war years, Bernardo helped get the congress back.

Battles:

The Spanish forces fought under the command of Bernardo de Galvez, where no American colonial representative was present.

When the Spanish wars of 1779 were announced, Bernardo immediately set out from New Orleans to defeat the British. Just over 90 miles off the Mississippi River, they beat them first on Fort Bute in Manchac and then on to Baton Rouge
1780 – His team captures the British fortress in what is now St Louis, Missouri.
1781 – A Spanish-led French militia from St. Louis wins winter victory over St. Louis Josephs on Lake Michigan !!

1780 – The Mobile Battle. It was three months from the time Galvez left New Orleans for his victory.

Last year, a hurricane drowned 400 people on the road. He delayed his arrival in the port again, and his two ships entered the port. On the eve of the attack, he had finally received confirmation from Havana, just before his original team had manually unloaded the stranded ships and placed their supplies and cannons within a mile.

Eventually, about 800 people gathered against the 200 British defenders. However, while preparing for the attack, the 1100 British forces from Pensacola were behind in three leagues, so we can't say for sure that he had an advantage!

Francisco Bouligny, the Lieutenant Governor of Louisiana under Galvezus, was acquainted with the British commander and met with him to attempt an early surrender. However, the gentleman replied that honor obliges him not to surrender without a fight.

Battle and surrender took place in one day!

Luckily for Galvez, when he heard the surrender, the Pensacola Force commander simply went home.

Thanks to this success III. Carlos Bernardo de Galvez was named "Major General for the Spanish Operation in America".

1781 – The Battle of Pensacola – Despite Bernardo's intention to move directly from Mobile to the port, he was unable to do so for a year due to a lack of support from Havana and another hurricane that disrupted the move.

Unlike Mobile, where he supported his own teams in Pensacola, Galvez also had the Spanish Navy from Havana. While he was the general commander, he eventually had to nominate and insult the Navy commanders to enter the harbor and enlist the enemy. The reason for this was that their own Admiral's ship circled the approach and eventually refused to enter the harbor.

Therefore, Bernardo alone entered the harbor on Galvezton's ship from the British fortress and set up a beachhead. Seeing this, the smaller Navy ships jumped into the harbor and the real task of preparing to attack the fort began. Like mobile phones, his teams had to handle the cannons and their supplies in place.

At this point there were 3,500 men, and when joined with a Spanish and French fortified fleet from Havana, it reached a total of 7,000 men.

On the second day of the bombing, a Spanish squadron attacked and destroyed its weaponry in external defense, killing about 150 people. Francisco Bouligny seems to have led the first accusations of deadly strikes and demolished British colors

For this success, Bernardo de Galvez received the title "Conde de Galvez" and permission to put the silhouette of the Galvezton ship and the words "Yo Solo" (alone) on the weapon coat of arms.

A little later, in 1781, Bernardo rebelled in Natchez on the Mississippi River and carried out mopping operations on the surface of Florida.

October 1781 – Battle of Yorktown, Virginia. Although Spanish forces were not there, Strategic Captain Bernardo, Captain Francisco de Saavedra, planned and supported the presence and assistance of the French fleet and army for George Washington's troops. In Yorktown, under the command of Lord Cornwallis, the British army handed over this French-American joint force.

It can be said that the hero who did not sing this part of the Revolutionary War is the same:
Captain Francisco de Saavedra de Sangronis. He was born in Seville. Like Jose de Galvez, he trained in theology in a monk's life, but turned to the military, and III. He was called to Carlos' yard.

In 1776 he served at the Spanish Embassy in Portugal.

Following the declaration of the wars against England in Spain, Saavedra was sent to Havana as the "Royal Commissioner of the Madrid Court" in 1780 and placed on the Spanish governing body under Jose de Galvez. "The Indian Council".

Madrid's orders from Saavedra were aimed at persuading the Havana "General War Committee" to support the attacks of Bernardo de Galvez on the west coast of the Gulf of Florida. Convincing them, he oversaw the preparation of an expedition of 3,500 troops, with a French contingent of 4 frigates and 750, to reinforce Bernardo de Galvez's attack on Pensacola.

Following Pensacola, Saavedra became Bernardo's chief strategist and main liaison with the French forces. In fact, the French requested that they be transferred to the staff of their naval commander, Comte Francois-Joseph-Paul de Grasse. He played a major role in the development of French strategies in the Caribbean. He obtained permission from Bernardo de Galvez to free the French fleet from the Caribbean campaign and sailed north to Virginia. In addition, Santo Domingo and Havana raised funds to pay for the French fleet and army to participate in the US Independence Climate Battle in Yorktown.

After Yorktown, Saavedra served as Matias de Galvez's Nueva Espana Viceroy as a strategist to defeat the British in the Caribbean. The plan for an amphibious attack on British Jamaicans was relatively similar in size to the major amphibious invasions of World War II.

Years later, he became one of Spain's national heroes when he organized and led resistance to the Napoleonic forces during Spain's occupation.

Spain signed a peace agreement with Great Britain on 20 January 1783,

What could have been:

If Britain had returned to Gibraltar in 1777, Spain might have withdrew support from France when it declared war on the colonies in 1776. III. However, King George did not respond to the negotiations at the time.

Two years later, in 1779, Gibraltar was again at the negotiating table, but this time III. King Carlos felt that protecting the Gulf of Spain and the Caribbean was, under British leadership, more important than peace with Britain and Gibraltar. return.

Financial contribution of Spain:

In III. In addition to the weapons, dust, bullets, clothing and blankets that Carlos sent to the colonies, Spain provided an impressive amount of money and credit.

In May 1776, Roderique Hortalez et Cie was founded in Paris by Spain and France. Each country has invested one million livr ($ 750,000) in ammunition and supplies. Subsequently, a credit facility of 7,730,000 livars ($ 5,797,500) was opened. Later, another three million livres ($ 2.25 million) was provided, which the colonies repaid with tobacco, indigo, potash and rice.

Bilbao bankers Gardoqui e Hijos sent Bilbao alone about 70,000 pesos ($ 2 million).

As I mentioned earlier, Saavedra's strategist funded the French fleet and 5,000 troops in Yorktown, first raising 100,000 pesos ($ 3 million) in Puerto Rico and Santo Domingo, Spain. He then sailed to Havana, where he found a shipment of one million pesos from Mexico, waiting for it to be delayed. As a result, in two days he raised and sent 500,000 pesos ($ 15 million) locally to catch up with the French fleet that had already flown to Virginia! Five days later, the original one million pesos ($ 30 million) arrived and sent it! Much of this was authorized by the words of Saavedra and Jose de Galvez's signature!

Sonora Mexico contributed $ 126,480 for Nueva España, New Mexico and $ 672,600.

Toldeo Spain: 500,000 reales ($ 1,775,000). And in the small town of Malaga, 200,000 copper reales ($ 37,500).

Monetary impact of Spain's contribution:

Not surprisingly, the amount of Spanish currency flowing into these colonies influenced the new American currency – and its appearance. Spain has used the Hercules pillars for centuries to symbolize the close rule of Gibraltar. Greek columns usually cover the royal shield and are loosely packed. The colonists labeled the Spanish currency as an "S" with two vertical lines on what has become today's US dollar sign.

The word "dollar" itself came from the German line of Hapsburg's "Thaler" and became the English word for the Spanish peso through Spain and the Spanish colonies. The colonists were accustomed to this word and made a name for their new currency, although they spelled it out and dropped the dollar.

In 1775, one year before the Declaration of Independence, the first issue of continental paper money stipulated that banknotes should be paid "in Spanish ground dollars or their value in gold or silver".

The American rhyme that teaches children the value of money: "Two bits, four bits, six bits, one dollar" comes from the Spanish "Eight Pieces" – a coin that can be physically divided into 8 equal parts or bits. The two bits from 8 are the same as the American "quarter", or 25 cents.

In summary:

With the French Alliance to support the rebellious English colonies, Spain wanted to control Gibraltar, Menorca, Florida, Jamaica and the Bahamas and the mouth of the Mississippi River. In addition, British facilities on the east coast of Mexico and Honduras had to be closed.

Eventually, the colonies won their independence and achieved all Spain's goals, except the capture of Jamaica and the return of Gibraltar.

In recognition of:

In October 2006, the daughters of the American Revolution placed a table in the garden of Casa de Americas in Madrid in recognition of Spain's contribution to American independence. Two nights later, the United States Naval League's Madrid Council (www.nlmadrid.org) presented the highest prize, the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of all Spanish military forces, the statue of Admiral Farragut, with thanks and recognition for Spain's contribution to American independence.

The commander graciously accepted the award and, in response, noticed that when Spain was big and the needy were needed, Spain provided support and today, when these roles were reversed, Amistad still exists.

Enhance the beauty of plants and modern plantation plantations

It is a fact that the plants and flowers of modern seeders add a charm to our gardens, our business facilities, and any interior or exterior setting. But did you know that we can further improve their appearance and make them even more impressive? The current trend in interior and exterior design is the use of plantation stands. Commercial drills, especially window cleaning boxes, now come in wrought iron or metal racks to create class and sophistication in every room.

Racks can be made in various shapes, designs or materials. Some manufacturers may also customize them for customers. needs. Modern drills are sure to look good with racks to enhance their subtle beauty, especially those with beautiful designs that make a great decoration for our indoor or outdoor spaces.

However, large plantations and plantations made of heavy materials are not suitable for plantations. Plantation racks usually only hold small planting boxes and light large plantations. Some are made of layers used by gardeners to save space, while others have unique and extraordinary patterns used as interior and exterior decoration.

In fact, any indoor or outdoor plantation can be placed in racks, except for heavy and large plantations. It is only ideal if commercial drills are placed on them because of their durability and the built-in irrigation system. It would not be wise to remove the plant holders from the stand when watering the plants just to avoid leakage or excess water flow on the patio or in the living room. Thus, commercial irrigation commercial built-up plantations or plants with an integrated irrigation system are the best solution for placing racks.

The racks are only a planter box holder. But nowadays it is used in many homes and even in prestigious hotels and high-end restaurants to make their place more elegant. Modern and elegant designs available on the market make our homes and gardens classic.